[PLUG-TALK] RPI4B and power bank requirements

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 7 16:32:36 PDT 2020

A Raspberry Pi 4 model B requires 5V and draws about 900mA; the RPI specs
recommend a 3A power supply. The 7" RPI touch screen draws about 400mA.
That's 1.3A and 6.5W. I want to calculate these requirements in mAh. Many
decades ago I could do so but no longer can, and I haven't found a web site
to do this.

For example, there are two RAVPower portable charging units supplying 5.5V.
One provides 16800mAh the other 26800mAh. Both describe capacity in charging
time for a few mobile phones. I want to know A) whether these have more
capacity than the RPI and touch screen need and B) for how long each might
power the portable tablet. If a lower capacity battery would be sufficient
I'll go for a lower cost.

TIA,