[PLUG-TALK] Alternative to Gmail?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Feb 15 00:29:09 UTC 2020

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:40:07 -0800
wes <plug at the-wes.com> dijo:

>All that, PLUS if they did get into your email, it's a short trip from
>there to get into your bank accounts, etc.
>
>Treating email like a security concern is a wise thing to do. Google
>may go a bit far with it, I've been locked out in very inconvenient
>ways also. But I have to agree that "email is just email" is no longer
>an accurate view.

I have never used any Google apps or services except the Gmail account,
and I don't plan to. Maybe the best course of action for me is to
exorcise everything Google from my life. OK, that may be hard to do
100%, but getting rid of the Gmail account is a good first step.

Now I'm wondering about letting my browsers (Chromium, Firefox) save
passwords and usernames for web sites.