[PLUG-TALK] Migrating personal data from iphone to android

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Wed Feb 19 17:35:44 UTC 2020

A simple Google of "iPhone to android data transfer" yields many
results, including this one that I read partway through.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-transfer-from-iphone-android-3647525/

In the intro it says:

   We think you're slightly mad (see our iPhone vs Android
   article to find out why), but we're sure you've got a
   decent reason to move from an iPhone to a Google Android
   smartphone. The good news is that it's a lot easier to
   transfer contacts, photos and other data
   from iPhone to Android (and vice versa) than it used to be.

They follow with step by step instructions. Maybe they want you back on
iPhones and want to make it easy.

On 2020-02-19 07:38, Rich Shepard wrote:
> I know less about wireless telephony than I do about rocket surgery so
> I'm
> asking for your advice on moving personal data (contacts, calendar,
> memos,
> etc.) from an iPhone6 to a Nokia 5.1 Plus Android phone.
>
> The SIM card swap accomplishes the hardware change but does not
> transfer
> personal data. Is there a way to do this using a local computer or must
> it
> be done using someone's cloud server?
>
> TIA,
>
> Rich