[PLUG-TALK] Expandable brackets in writer document, formula maybe?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Feb 22 22:50:09 UTC 2020

LO Writer in 6.3.4.2 on Xubuntu 18.04 up to date, installed from the
PPA, from LO.

I know this can be done, but the how escapes me. I need to produce
expandable brackets in Writer like the following (but here in the e-mail
I have to use single brackets - just assume that they are all one left
and one right bracket):

	[ +consonantal	]
	[ -voice			]
	[ +continuant		]

I need the words aligned vertically, as you would decimal align numbers
in a table.

I tried Insert > Object > Formula with the following:

left [ +consonantal
-voice
+continuant right ]

But it all came out on a single line. Furthermore, I managed to change
the font to the same font that I am using for the document, but I can't
figure out how to set the point size for it.

Any ideas?