[PLUG-TALK] 4k laptop displays

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Wed Jan 8 19:03:18 PST 2020

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 16:33:43 -0500
Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com> dijo:

>I recall someone mentioned giving himself "old skool" 4k laptop screen
>for Christmas!
>
>For those of us living on an edge, here is interesting write up about
>"real" displays and graphics.
>
>https://int10h.org/blog/2015/04/cga-in-1024-colors-new-mode-illustrated/

Cool write-up. I remember those days, having bought my first computer
in 1978, a CP/M machine with *two* 600K floppy disk drives, and a
massive 64K of RAM. Software included a word processor that could print
to an NEC Spinwriter in regular, bold, and bold-italic. To print in
italic the word processor would halt the Spinwriter so I could walk
across the room and replace the regular print thimble with the italic
one.

My friends thought I was nuts. They may have been right.