[PLUG-TALK] What should I do with all this money? :-)

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Jun 4 14:56:37 PDT 2020

On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 09:37:07AM -0700, Dick Steffens wrote:
>     Kindly Email me back and I will get back to you with full details about
>     your donation payment of $1.700,000.00 Million sign today.

For those of you with too much spare time, this is a fine
opportunity for the internet sport of "mugu baiting".
"Mugu" is the Nigerian word for "fool".  You can find
stories and videos of many hilarious mugu-baiting exploits
on the net, including one mugu sending an engagement ring.

Another mugu flew to Amsterdam to meet his intended victim,
pacing for hours in front of an internet cafe that deploys
webcams pointed at the street, so the "victim" can watch
the angry mugu from a continent away.

The best mugu baiting turns the tables on these criminals,
and bamboozles them into sending valuables to the intended
victims.  It goes too far when  criminals hurt or kill the
mugu.  Have fun, dispense justice, but be ethical!

The best crime-fighting is fun for everyone, including
potential mugus who learn about these risks, then choose
alternate careers that are less double-plus-unfun.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com