[PLUG-TALK] Mallory Safety Supply Face Shields

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Jun 25 20:46:28 UTC 2020

My wife and I just ordered 20 clear plastic face shields
with headbands ($3.60 each) from Mallory Safety Supply, which
we will share with friends and medical colleagues.

I've used the face shield I have about 50 times; it's starting
to get dinged up.  I could probably make a replacement shield
with 10 mil clear polycarbonate plastic, but the roll plastic
in small quantities costs more than the shields.

Mallory has a storefront in SE Portland (formerly Sanderson
Safety Supply).  Worth a visit, but we don't visit many stores
these days.

We encourage our friends to buy more masks (in person or UPS
order) and share them with other friends, as well as with
medical/fire/police.  Plastic shields are much easier to use
than a cloth mask on top of an N95.

Mallory is overstocked; they planned to sell safety gear to
west coast hospitals and service providers.  They have
thousands of purchase orders in the queue.  However, they
are /forbidden/ to follow through on those orders by FEMA.

So, if we want to get this material to the professionals who
need it, we must buy it ourselves and donate it personally,
off the books, to individual professionals.

And we must do everything possible to kick the BASTARDS who
perverted FEMA policy out of office, perhaps chase them
into exile, while bringing the real heros home from exile.
Grump, grump, GRRRR.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com