[PLUG-TALK] Making sterile wipes

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Mar 15 00:13:07 UTC 2020

A friend suggested this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ae0mjMljs

A nerd-friendly approach to preparation for the
coronapocalypse.  The presenter presumes we will ALL
get coronavirus sooner or later.  Our personal goal
should be to get it AFTER everyone else, when cures
and (if necessary) hospital beds are available.
So this is a howto for hunkering down.

If you don't have 20 minutes to spare, one suggestion
is to make your own sterile wipes from paper towels and
benzalkonium chloride from a chemical supply company.

However, there is an even easier way.  The ingredients
listed on our Winco sterile wipes are IDENTICAL to "Simple
Green D Pro 3 Plus", which is $25 a gallon from Amazon,
and maybe still available locally.  A gallon of Simple
Green D is enough to make 10,000 wipes.  Or, fill a
spray bottle and use a rag to clean surfaces.

Of course, you should sterilize the surfaces of the Amazon
boxes, so there is a chicken+egg problem to solve first.

-----

"Life is hard, and harder if you're stupid".  Perhaps
coronavirus is nature's way to make humans smarter by
a fraction of an IQ point.  Hopefully, before November.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com