[PLUG-TALK] Training sites, not tracking sites

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Wed Mar 18 04:51:19 UTC 2020

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 19:32:40 -0700
Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> dijo:

>We should learn to make some of our own tools.  The complex
>pored plastic that comprises N95 masks might be difficult
>to duplicate, but there are likely other ways to capture
>virus particles from air before we breath it.  I imagine
>something like a gas mask with a cannister full of sieved
>beach sand with a replenishable chemical coating.

Having recently researched (and purchased) an air purifier I can tell
you that this is not how most of them rid the air of viruses. These
little critters are too small, even for true Hepa filters, so the
machines let the viruses pass through, and then nuke them with a bath
of ions. Perhaps thinking along these lines will produce a design for a
medical mask that works better than what is currently being sold.