[PLUG-TALK] Decided to trust Bill Gates in what he says about Covid-19

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed May 6 01:46:12 PDT 2020

>>>>> "Vedanta" == Vedanta Teacher <orevedantateacher at gmail.com> writes:

Vedanta> I'm doing this from memory but I remember Bill Gates
Vedanta> "purchasing" DOS. He was never a computer guy, always the
Vedanta> businessman, always looking for ways to make money. [...[

https://www.bpa.gov/news/newsroom/Pages/Legacy-computer-system-retires-after-keeping-the-lights-on-for-38-years.aspx

This is something I didn't know, and might explain my father's
inexplicably saying nice things about Bill Gates. I only knew Bill Gates
through the pain his company inflicted on everyone, including myself.

I got a personal tour of Dittmer Control Center and saw some of the
machines in this article in what would have been the early 1980s because
my Dad worked in a different branch of BPA in a building a quarter mile
away and had arranged it.  I remember the top-loading disk packs[1] and a
joystick-like visual pointing device for a GUI.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_pack

--
Russell Senior
russell at personaltelco.net