[PLUG-TALK] Linguistics anyone?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Wed May 27 02:20:03 UTC 2020

On Tue, 26 May 2020 11:59:25 -0700
Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> dijo:

>I think your idea and efforts are wonderful.  It would be great to
>see/hear your linguistics tutorial in whatever form works best for
>you.  Rich's suggestions seem to expand your idea to the next level, a
>great idea too. Maybe you could use Plug as a tuning ground for the
>YouTube release, if you still have the energy for it.  But whatever
>you come up with I am sure it will be well received and appreciated.

I do enjoy giving talks, but I just don't know much about the technical
parts of computer science. Worse, such things don't really interest me;
I'm just a user.

I did some reformatting on my document to increase legibility and
saved it as a PDF. I'd be happy to send it to you or anyone else who
would like a copy.

I considered Rich's suggestions, but they don't interest me. The last
thing I want to do is create something for Youtube - a platform which I
find mostly annoying. Nowadays people put their 'how-to' information on
Youtube, and I find it impossible to figure out what they are talking
about. Why couldn't they just write it down? Oh wait ... maybe they
don't know how to write. Anyway, I don't want to be part of that crowd.

As for powerpoints, I find them almost as irritating as Youtube. I don't
want to convert my work into a list of bullet points with no data or
details.

The more I think about the way a lot of people expect to receive
information the more I think I ought to just make the PDF available to
those who want it, and forget about presentations.