[PLUG-TALK] Linguistics anyone?

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:01:58 PDT 2020

The only thing I know about linguistic is that I do not know anything about
it.

That being said, being able to rationalize what parts of language carry
information, what kind of information and what is redundant filler,
possibly used for error correction - is currently extremely active area of
computer science.

Reasonably modern algorithms for text comprehension throw out the filler
stuff, convert text or speech to vectors and attempt to understand it.

If what you do has something to say about that, it might be interesting
topic for people interested in CS.

Language design is also very interesting and still active area of CS.
Sadly, not many languages are designed to not be ambiguous and  highly
expressive.

Just a thought,
Tomas