[PLUG-TALK] Random kvetch - FedEx

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Oct 22 21:56:59 UTC 2020

Ordering a lot online lately.  Most carriers (USPS,
UPS, DHL, OnTrac) are good.

Local FedEx (short for "FED-up with EX-cuses") delivery
has been awful.  I ordered some furnace filters (in a
bulky box);  they left Alabama on the 8th and arrived
in Troutdale OR on the 12th.  They were delivered today,
October 22, after three supposed delivery attempts:

"The delivery of you [sic] package has been rescheduled
based on your shipment instructions for the carrier"

We've been here all day for each alleged delivery attempt,
with instructions to leave packages and ring the doorbell
posted at the door.  No other way to communicate with
them; their online "assistance" is just a redirect to
irrelevant web pages.

FedEx tracking often shows mis-routings (to Troutdale then
Walla Walla then back to Troutdale) and repeated delivery
"attempts" like the above.

Is this just a problem with FedEx Ground in the eastern
Beaverton area, or are they equally awful for the rest
of Portland?  If so, I will ask online sellers to use
other shippers, and pay extra if necessary.

Keith

P.S.  A Home Depot store delivery claimed at order time
to arrive in mid-November; it showed up in 5 days.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com