[PLUG-TALK] Writing a simple program

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Thu Sep 17 00:24:17 UTC 2020

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 16:04:20 -0700
Michael Rasmussen <michael at jamhome.us> dijo:

>Doesn't the brokerage house where you bought the stocks have a
>tracking app?

Absolutely (Charles Schwab for some and Ameritrade for others), but they
both have far too much clutter - to see my total holdings I have to
view three different pages in Schwab, plus one page in Ameritrade
because they are in three different Schwab accounts plus one Ameritrade
account. And there is not one page that totals them all up. Plus I have
to log in twice. And sometimes they throw a Captcha at me just to be
sure it's me. I appreciate the security, but I buy or sell only once a
year when I have to sell something in order to take my required IRA
distribution. And this year the distribution is waived as part of the
recovery legislation.