[PLUG-TALK] Outdoor video cameras?

Drew G. Wallace drewgwallace at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:18:57 UTC 2020

I pick up Amcrest certified refurbished cameras off eBay on auction
directly from Amcrest. They can be inexpensive, some are PoE, and include
ONVIF compatibility to stream to my home NVR. This security VLAN has no
internet connectivity and I have a few less "secure" cams (Hikvision and
other Chinese based cams) on the bench.

If your looking to stream directly to the cloud I'd be more concerned with
the data privacy, recurring cost, and reputation of the company versus any
initial investment. I'm not experienced in this consumer space.

- Drew