[PLUG-TALK] Outdoor video cameras?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 23 01:59:01 UTC 2020

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> I'd put the flashing red light and a fake lens in one place, the actual
> cameras in hidden places. The black market for stolen cameras is a lot
> deeper than yard tools in tech-savvy Portland.

Lock the vehicle and install a red light in the dash, with a hidden switch
underneath. Looks like the car is alarmed.

It took the thief about 30 seconds to open my locked '92 Pathfinder, start
it, and back out of the driveway at 04:20 am. My neighbor saw it as he drove
into his garage after a double shift and the truck was gone by the time he
walked out of the garage. Foun a week later, stripped, in North Portland. I
had stopped using the steering wheel lock thinking no one would steal such
an old vehicle.