[PLUG-TALK] Chromebook as laptop replacement

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Apr 16 17:26:56 UTC 2021

My friend uses an old Sony Vaio 15" laptop (running Slackware64-14.2). She
spends 99.44% of her time on chromium, facebook, and other web applications.
Despite a fairly new battery the laptop is both past its best-used-by date
(key labels are worn off) and deserving of a replacement.

There are many chrombooks available, some with 14" screens (about twice the
price of those with 11" screens). I'm sure some folks here have experience
with various flavors of chromebooks and I'd appreciate recommendations for a
laptop replacemen.

TIA,