[PLUG-TALK] Transfer files ... (Chromebook)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 21 23:16:34 UTC 2021

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> For my wife's Chromebook (with very few ports), we purchased a Targus
> USB-C multifunction adapter. That expands a USB-C port on the Chromebook
> into a USB-A port, a VGA port, and two more USB-C ports, powered by the
> Chromebook's USB-C port.

Keith,

Kewel! I ordered from Amazon a "USB C to USB Adapter [2-Pack], Thunderbolt 3
to USB 3.0 OTG Adapter Compatible MacBook Pro,Chromebook,Pixelbook,Microsoft
Surface Go,Galaxy S8 S9 S10 Plus,Note 8 9,LG V35 G7 G6 Thinq,Pixel 2
3(Grey)" because it looked like it would allow me to move her /home files on
the old Sony Vaio to Drive on the Chromebook (or at Google's server,
perhaps).

> We sometimes connect the VGA port to our ancient InFocus video projector
> and watch web videos. In spite of all the kludges and potential
> incompatibilities, It Just Works.

That's a good use for LCD projectors. If I watched movies and had a white
background I'd use my projector, too.

Good information. Thank you.

Stay well,