[PLUG-TALK] Western Digital drive recycling

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 13 18:19:32 UTC 2021

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Has anyone ever done this?
> https://shop.westerndigital.com/campaign/landing/easy-recycle?cjevent=c8b422ba54a211eb817c00410a1c0e12

> You send them an old drive, apparently it can even be defunct, and they
> send you a coupon good for a 15% discount in their store.

John,

A few years ago I sent them a dead drive. I don't recall the details but I
did receive a replacement at a good price. They may well have changed the
policies and process since then. But I was satisfied with the transaction.

FWIW, I've had delivery issues with the USPS (my mail sent to Hillsboro and
Tigard and two packages lost) but none with FedUp ... except when they leave
a box of flat package immediately in front of the door so I can step on it
when I walk out.

Stay well,