[PLUG-TALK] Western Digital drive recycling

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Wed Jan 13 22:39:10 UTC 2021

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 10:19:32 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>On Wed, 13 Jan 2021, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever done this?
>> https://shop.westerndigital.com/campaign/landing/easy-recycle?cjevent=c8b422ba54a211eb817c00410a1c0e12
>>

>> You send them an old drive, apparently it can even be defunct, and
>> they send you a coupon good for a 15% discount in their store.
>
>John,
>
>A few years ago I sent them a dead drive. I don't recall the details
>but I did receive a replacement at a good price. They may well have
>changed the policies and process since then. But I was satisfied with
>the transaction.
>
>FWIW, I've had delivery issues with the USPS (my mail sent to
>Hillsboro and Tigard and two packages lost) but none with FedUp ...
>except when they leave a box of flat package immediately in front of
>the door so I can step on it when I walk out.

I just discovered that they also offer 15% discount to seniors and
students. I signed up, but their web site won't let me log in -
'incorrect username or password,' over and over. So I tried the 'forgot
my password option,' successfully changed my password, but the web site
still won't accept my login.

There is a Support button on their signup/login page, but it just
produces a rotating circle, with three soft drumbeats every five
minutes, like I'm supposed to just sit there all day and stare at it.

Their website needs serious help.