[PLUG-TALK] Bluecare Express?

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 20:34:58 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021, 12:27 John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

> An eBay seller shipped a cancelled order to me by Bluecare Express. I
> cancelled the order 15 minutes after placing it, and the seller
> received the cancellation before shipping it, but shipped it anyway so
> as to be able to claim that it couldn't be cancelled because it was
> already shipped.
> .

I, like you, do not know the exact circumstances on seller's side.

You should consider the possibilities that the seller may be a company -
not a single person, not reading emails and doing shipping in the order and
timeframe you expect or that he/she may be handling many sales at the time
in batches (printing labels, posting, then move to the next batch of
emails) ....

In any case, when you buy stuff on ebay, it is a contract. Ebay will charge
them sellers fees and if he printed/generated shipping label, he will be
charged for that too.

So, disregarding the seller's leg work, I would think that you owe them
seller's + shipping fees when you cancel good order.

Case in point: I sold laptop on ebay recently - the buyer did not pay, I
did not ship, sellers fees were $75. I relisted the laptop - buyer
cancelled order like you, I owe another $74 to ebay. I relisted for the
third time - buyer gave an incomplete address, I will be receiving the
laptop back this week, paying another $74 to ebay + $30 to post office.

As result of buyers behavior, I am down $250 on selling fees and shipping.
I have done a lot of back and forth with the buyers and I still have laptop
to sell.

So, when you buy stuff on ebay it cost the seller real money and trouble.

I hope that it changes your view of things,
Tomas