[PLUG-TALK] Garmin DriveSmart 65: battery drains quickly

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 26 22:41:08 UTC 2021

When I return from a trip where I used the Garmin DriveSmart 65 the battery
is fully charged (because it's always connected to the vehicle power
supply). But, after sitting in the office for a while the battery is totally
dead and takes overnight to recharge. This was not the case with my older
Nuvy 255W; it stayed charged for months not being used.

There's a lot of EE expertise here. Has anyone an idea why the battery
drains so quickly and how to extende its storage life?