[PLUG-TALK] premillenium 1.4M floppies

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Jul 30 04:57:26 UTC 2021

1) Cleaning up.  I found 8 blank, formatted 1.4M floppies,
Should I save them to give one of you, perhaps in 2022
when COVID delta/gamma/lambda/.../omega goes away?

2) Many more formatted floppies, some private info.
What's the best way to recycle the materials while
destroying the data?  Are there trustworthy local
organizations that do this?

2a) They are easily dissassembled into plastic
shells, metal slider, and inner disk.  The inner
disks can be stacked and microwaved into smelly
goo for the trash, leaving the shells and sliders.
Who recycles those separated materials?

Kdeith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com