[PLUG-TALK] Lawn weeding robots

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun May 23 14:33:10 UTC 2021

On Sun, 23 May 2021, Denis Heidtmann wrote:

> And what is wrong with dandelions? And why have a lawn?

Denis,

Many (if not most) cities have ordinances regarding yard upkeep. You might
like fresh dandelion salads every day, but your neighbors might not.

> But since I bet no one discussing this has horses in  their front or back
> yard, who needs a lawn?

Many, many years ago when I lived in eastern Illinois, I had a pet rabbit
(from the animal lab -- in the same building where I had my lab -- when he
was no longer needed) and kept him in a large, open-bottom cage. He did a
great job of keeping weeds out, grass short, and the soil fertilized. He
also got along really well with a duck that I held over the winter for one
of my students; they happily shared the same cage.

Regards,