[PLUG-TALK] Lawn weeding robots

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Tue May 25 05:30:45 UTC 2021

On Mon, 24 May 2021 21:11:46 -0700
David Mandel <dmandel at davidmandel.com> dijo:

>I like Moss.  It won't grow everywhere since it tends to like shady,
>moist areas,but it does great some places and has many of the same
>uses and benefits as grass - unless you are a cow.  I'm not sure why
>people try to demoss their lawns.

I de-moss my lawns because moss keeps the grass from growing, and from
the middle of summer until the middle of the winter it turns black,
sitting in the middle of a bare patch in the lawn. This happens even in
areas that are shady and moist. If you had 100% moss it wouldn't be so
bad, but that's even harder to accomplish than lawns of 100% grass.

Also, moss doesn't tolerate abuse from kids/animals well. It gets torn
up easily and takes months to recover.