[PLUG-TALK] most common language spoken at home other than English or Spanish

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 15 18:49:14 UTC 2021

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021, Galen Seitz wrote:

> <https://twitter.com/Locati0ns/status/1448703737833287680/photo/1>
> What do you think John?  Believable?

I'm not John but I find this quite believable.

When I lived in Beer-Sheva, Israel, in the mid-1980s the city's population
had 107 native languages and the entire county had 122 native languages. In
my Hebrew ulpan (language classes) the instructor's native language was
Russian and she spoke English while one student spoke only French. I and
another student translated the English to French (and back again) until we
all became somewhat fluent in Hebrew. Made for interesting class
discussions. :-)