[PLUG-TALK] Wanted: 10"-12.9" tablet

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 18:06:14 PDT 2021

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021, 17:29 Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Oct 2021, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> > I'll buy the AOC remote monitor and get a USB-A to USB-C converter. I was
> > going to use my ThinkPad X200 (remembering that I do have a
> > laptop/tablet), but I like this better. I'll by a piece of beam splitter
> > glass and build a frame for it with a base that also hold the PTZ web
> cam.
> > Less expensive than the least expensive teleprompters on Amazon.
>
> Tomas,
>
> I ended up buying an FHD 15.6" USB-C screen. I can buy a 12.6" beam
> splitter
> glass and build a frame for it that holds the camera and screen on a small
> tripod. That'll work.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Rich
> .

Don't forget that USB-C needs to supply power to these screens. So, if you
do not have native USB-C with DP + PD (display port + power delivery) on
your laptop - You may need to send power over USB-C separately and video
over HDMI to the display. Unless of course, there is some magic adapter
which can somehow ..... I don't know.

For me, the beauty of this screen is the fact that it is ordinary HDMI and
DP over USB-C screen. And of course - it is portable and flat. It is
definitely not one of these USB based screens which work only in windows
and badly.

It works great for headless servers, raspberry-pi and such. My USB power
bank keeps it running for about day, and ordinary usb 3 A-type powers it
too without issues when accessing bios on headless servers in a closet.

If these things had decent gamut, I'd be framing them and hanging on the
walls instead of pictures. Probably too small for Guernica, but it would
work for the Dutch masters and such.

Best luck,
Tomas