[PLUG-TALK] Where I was on 9/11/2001

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sun Sep 12 00:03:39 UTC 2021

i was at at&t research labs, florham park, in a meeting so boring i was
reading email and saw a message on nanog.  we turned on tv news via some
medium, to see the second plane etc etc etc.

i started signing my email "resist the cycle of violence and hate"

one msg went on "if not for morality, then because it is just plain not
pragmatic.  we do have norms for justice, prudence, and process.  if we
do not follow them, then we have become the enemy and the terrorists
have won."

i declined a couple of car pools to the coast, stayed in my florham park
hotel for 3-4 days, and eventually flew home to seattle/bainbridge.

maureen dowd was pretty good today
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/11/opinion/september-11-masculinity.html

randy