[PLUG-TALK] Looking for a printer, probably not HP anymore

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Tue Sep 28 13:54:11 UTC 2021

On Mon, 27 Sep 2021, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> Every now and then someone asks about what printer to get.
>
> Probably not one of these:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/pwrgb1/buyer_beware_some_newer_hp_printers_will_not/
>
> How low can a company get ....?

Wow. That's horrible, even more so for a company that used to provide
what I considered industry-standard quality.

I understand that every product line needs to prove itself profitable,
and sometimes thin margins mean being strict on warranties, etc. At
some point, though, just admit that it's an unprofitable product line,
close it down or sell the division, and move on.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com
45.38° N, 122.59° W