[PLUG] Problems Booting from HD

Chris Emery deathfox at moochercrew.org
Wed Apr 3 02:19:29 UTC 2002

<SNIP>
> The command /usr/sbin/grub brings up a prompt,
> grub>
>
> and there seem to be lots of things you can do. In my
> case, the boot loader itself is not even installed!
</SNIP>
For newer versions of grub there is a command called grub-install that
should write your boot sector (If I remember properly), otherwise there
are some howto's online, or in the info pages, that aren't to hard to
find.  If you really need me to look them up cause you can't find them I
would be happy to, but the grub-install should work fine.