[PLUG] Xine and kernals

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Thu Apr 4 17:26:53 UTC 2002

>You are more likely to see problems with your video card.
>
>Make sure you are running something with good hardware acceleration and
that
>the version of X supports the Xv extension.  (And make sure you have Xv
>support enabled in Xine.)
>
>What kind of video card do you have and what version of XFree86?

According to hwbrowser the video card is a SIS 620.  It also says 6306
3D-AGP.  I'm not sure what that means, but I think that AGP stands for
Advanced Graphics Port with is usually a slot on the motherboard that is
similiar to a PCI slot, but is designed for high speed graphics.  This
"card" is actualy on the motherboard, not a seperate card.

According to rpm, I am using XFree86 4.1.0-3.

I don't know whay Xv extension means.  I will research that.