[PLUG] Many of you already know my answer...

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Apr 4 17:42:55 UTC 2002

On Thursday 04 April 2002 10:13 am, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 09:57, Derek Loree wrote:
> > I have downloaded the source code for a program called
> > gnomemeeting (looks and acts like M$ Netmeeting).  I've
> > followed all the directions, set up the libraries, compiled
> > all the stuff that it depends on (openH323 and pwlib) and
> > got configure to run without any errors.  The error happens
> > during the make process.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > As you all may know, I'm not really a programmer and I can't
> > make heads or tails of this error.
>
> I would not bother compiling it, and would instead just "apt-get install
> gnomemeeting".

Of course that is not a solution for those of us not running Debian.  (And
switching is not a trivial task.)

Maybe one of these days they will distribute an RPM of apt-get.

Maybe there needs to be some new slogans for apt-get.  How about:

"Apt-get -- It's better than learning how to do it right!"

"Why learn how to compile when you can use apt-get?"

"apt-get -- It's easier than thinking!"