[PLUG] reinstalling perl

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Thu Apr 4 23:37:03 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kris" <krisa at subtend.net>
> So is Bugzilla generic enough that it could be used robustly as a
> trouble ticket system?

That depends upon what you're tracking.  If you want a generic tracker for
"User had an ID10T error and can't log in", Bugzilla is not a great choice.
It's extremely geared towards software development.  At my work, we use
Bugzilla and most of the fields (such as, what OS is the problem occurring
on) have little bearing to our Web development.  Further, Bugzilla doesn't
seem to allow much customization of this, so users often have to ignore a
lot of miscellaneous information to get to what they need.

On the other hand, I hear the new version of Bugzilla will be out soon.  It
will be much more modularized and use templates that will make customization
much earlier.

Cheers,
Curtis "Ovid" Poe
--
"Ovid" on http://www.perlmonks.org/
Someone asked me how to count to 10 in Perl: