[PLUG] Many of you already know my answer...

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Fri Apr 5 01:34:23 UTC 2002

"Karl M. Hegbloom" wrote:

> Ah, so you still had the -dev packages from the older version of those
> libraries installed?  No wonder it did not work right.
>
> If it's not changed drasticly, you could probably build .deb packages of
> the new libraries by copying the debian/ directory from the old source
> to the new, and making a few changes.  Add a new version to
> debian/changelog -- use a point debian version, like -1.0 -- and maybe
> edit debian/rules.  That way, when the Debian maintainer finally builds
> it, you won't have to manually uninstall it from /usr/local.

Uggg, it still didn't work, though it got much further along.  I'm guessing that more gnome-dev
stuff needs to be installed before this thing will go, but the latest error has to do with
videograbber and a function called PVideoInputDevice.  This is turning into a lot of work for
something that may or may not do what I want it to.

Thanks for the information.  As always, it has been a meaningful learning experience.

Derek Loree