[PLUG] Xine and kernals

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Fri Apr 5 19:24:23 UTC 2002

>What does /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 look like? You might be loading the wrong
>video driver or not loading the correct modules to get acceleration out of
>the driver.

I think I am getting somewhere now.  I didn't have much time to look at this
last night as I was helping someone else with their computer.  I looked at
the ~/.xine/config file and if I read it correctly, it is using SXhm.  (I
don't know what the really means, but it's in the faq.)  I tried to use Xv
by typing:

xine -V Xv

It gave a message saying that it could not load the library for Xv and
terminated.  I looked in /usr/X11R6/lib/ and found both libXv.a and
libXv.so.

I was confused to find different copies of XF86Config.  I thought that the
one that was used was /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.  There was also
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and /etc/X11/XF86Config.  These were all created when
I installed RH 7.2  It looks to me like there are several drivers listed.  I
don't know which is in use.  I really appreciate your help.

Here is part of my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config that may be relevant:

# **********************************************************************
# Screen section
# **********************************************************************

# The kernel framebuffer server