[PLUG] ATT cable modem reccommendations

dgc at easystreet.com dgc at easystreet.com
Sat Apr 6 05:09:55 UTC 2002

With AT&T BI, at least at the moment, there isn't a problem running nat, etc.
The problem might come later, after Comcast's purchase of AT&T Broadband goes
through.

There were news stories in EE Times, etc. a couple of months ago about cable
companies complaining that people using routers, nat protocols, etc. to connect
multiple computers to one cable outlet were "stealing" service.  They wanted
everybody running more than one system to register them and pay an additional
fee.

AT&T was not part of that group.

dgc