[PLUG] Browser won't browse

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Sat Apr 6 21:34:05 UTC 2002

I haven't used my laptop for a few weeks. I just plugged it in, turned
it on, booted RH 7.1, started up Mozilla, and tried to browse the
Internet. I can see my other Linux machine's web server, but can't get
out on the Internet. I get the message,

  The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.google.com

I get a similar message for any web site I try to access on the Internet
side of my router. I'm typing this message on another machine that is
able to get through the router.

This hasn't happened before. I used to be able to browse with the
laptop. Any ideas where I should start looking for the problem?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"