[PLUG] Inspiron 2600

Patrick Leckey Patrick.Leckey at xist.com
Tue Apr 9 04:59:57 UTC 2002

Unless someone is sitting in the field or down by the stream with a laptop
on 802.11, there's no way anybody could be getting a signal from my access
point, so I'm not concerned.  My closest neighbour is over 1000 yards
away.

Pat.

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 04:12:37PM -0700, Alan wrote:
> On Monday 08 April 2002 03:26 pm, Patrick Leckey wrote:
> > I actually have a 2600 running, currently SuSE, but it did start with
> > RedHat on it.  Everything was autodeteced by both RedHat and SuSE except
> > the on-board sound, which was easily taken care of by installing the ALSA
> > project drivers.  They are very, very nice laptops.  I love my book, and
> > it is rarely more than 25 feet from me at any time.  802.11 is good. :)
>
> Especially for people running AirSnort.
>
> 802.11 encryption is *VERY* broken.
>

> > Pat.
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:37:22AM -0700, Colin Kuskie wrote:
> > > After years of battling X and PCMCIA on my laptop, I'm thinking about
> > > upgrading to a newer one.  A Dell Inspiron 2600 looks like it matches
> > > my needs almost exactly, but there are no entries for it on the
> > > linux-on-laptops site.
> > >
> > > Do any of you have experience putting Linux (preferably Red Hat) on
> > > that particular model, or know if the 2600 is close to any of the other
> > > models for comparison?
> > >
> > > Colin

Patrick Leckey	    [Patrick.Leckey at xist.com]
XIST Inc.; Information, Services & Technology
http://www.xist.com             (613)234-9621