[PLUG] Hardware Test Suite

Richard Langis richard.langis at sun.com
Tue Apr 9 19:39:55 UTC 2002

I'll second Memtest86 - I'm running 2k at home as my main workstation, and was
getting random lockups and errors, BSOD's when playing games or if I had lots
of windows open.  I pulled memtest86 off the 'net and almost immediately after
starting the test I was getting memory errors on my 3rd 256M DIMM.  I pulled
it out, cleaned it and the memory slot off, swapped it with another dimm and
started up memtest again.  No errors - it was just dirty.

I still get random errors and BSOD's on occasion, but I'll attribute that to
win2k.  ;)

-R