[PLUG] bootloader for /dev/hdb

Jon Jacob jonjacobmoon at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 13:04:56 UTC 2002

I am not sure anyone has really addressed your exact question, so here
is my shot.

I just installed Win98 on my machine, but want it to dual boot.  Here
are my two options as I see it.

1) Move the drive that is now /dev/hda to /dev/hbb and install linux on
a newly installed drive at hda with lilo offering access to either
system

This has worked for me in the past.

2) Change my bios to boot from the primary slawe and install linux there
with lilo pointing to both systems.

I am not positive this second way would work, but it might.

Hope that helps.