[PLUG] OT: PLUG = SPAM

Jon Jacob jonjacobmoon at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 13:33:00 UTC 2002

Well, it is getting to the point that I am about to leave the list.  I
give this one plea and make my decision on the reaction I get.

This list is getting to be more like SPAM every day.  Some peeves:

1) Why post if you don't have the answer or direct related experience

More and more, people are posting with responses that have little to do
with the specifics of the post.  Please people, read the original post
and if it is a technical question and you have knowledge exactly about
what the poster is requesting, then go for it.  If not, don't post just
to say, "well, I don't know" or "I don't know about that, but I did this
once."  Keep on topic.

2) After two or three people have responded, there is no reason to
respond, "me too".

Too often I see threads that are 10-12 posts long with nothing more than
a vote of confidence.

3) Get that god damn chip off your shoulder.

Yes, windows sucks.  We all agree.  Not can we talk about something
else.  This should be a list for people who need help, can offer help,
or want to talk about technical details.  Does there need to be all this
crap about how we should be rejecting windows.  Fine we all agree.  Move
on with your life.

My rant is done.  Let the flames begin.....