[PLUG] OpenOffice-641

Don Buchholz don at truedisk.com
Wed Apr 10 16:14:55 UTC 2002

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Has anyone here worked with open office? I just downloaded and installed
> build 641 and I wonder if it's more capable than StarOffice-5.2. It seems to
> take as long to load. Sigh. Any comments or insights are solicited.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Yes, I have.  I'm not sure it's worth upgrading from StarOffice 5.2
(although now that I've converted some important files to the new
*.sxc format, I'm committed to the new version).

I've had some trouble with the Postscript generated by StarCalc.
It's generated the same error message on both the Lexmark Optra
here (a PostScript(r)) printer), and my home system, which uses
RedHat 7.1 to convert PS -> PCL.

I also tried the drawing application a while (1-2 weeks) ago, and
found that it could create only squares, and not rectangles!  (I
can't compare this experience with SOffice 5.2 ... never tried the
drawing app there).

--

- Don Buchholz                               <don at truedisk.com>
- TrueDisk, 7431 NW Evergreen Pkwy - #110, Hillsboro, OR  97124