[PLUG] OpenOffice-641

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 10 16:28:51 UTC 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Don Buchholz wrote:

> I've had some trouble with the Postscript generated by StarCalc. It's
> generated the same error message on both the Lexmark Optra here (a
> PostScript(r)) printer), and my home system, which uses RedHat 7.1 to
> convert PS -> PCL.

  Thanks, Don. I want only processed words from it, and from documents sent
to me in winWord format (or when I have to send a client or regulator a
digital copy of what I've written). For spreading sheets I use XessSE (which
reads .xls just fine).

> I also tried the drawing application a while (1-2 weeks) ago, and found
> that it could create only squares, and not rectangles!  (I can't compare
> this experience with SOffice 5.2 ... never tried the drawing app there).

  Among the GIMP, XessSE, Gri and MagicPoint I have all the drawing and
presentation tools I need.

  What's strange about printing from SO-5.2 here is that it does not have a
printer definition for the HP LaserJet 5 and does not recognize the duplexer
under it. So I use a HP 4MX (PostScript) definition and let CUPS handle the
double-sided printing. Works well for me.