[PLUG] Put an End to Word Attachments --errata

Sean Lewis seant at q7.com
Wed Apr 10 19:27:28 UTC 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Brian Horan wrote:
> As most of us may have noticed, when one applies for a job via electronic
> means, the resume recipient usually requires a M$ Word document....
>
> It strikes me as a little odd when a *NIX person has to use a non-native
> environment to convey data that pertains to a ''possibly'' non-M$ related
> job....
>
> To this end, I propose RML -- Resume Markup Language.
>
> All I'm presuming is __simple__ XML, no extensive tag attributes, simply a
> small set of resume-centric tags that data can easily be parsed from....

Neat idea, but why bother? My "main" copy of my resume is in HTML, and I
convert from that for a number of formats available for download from my
site. M$ Word? I don't care. I run the conversion via StarOffice. BFD.

And a Unix job that requires Word-formatted resume? I'd have to consider
whether I'd want to work for them, anyway.

Sean
http://www.q7.com/~seant/