[PLUG] Red Hat 7.1 hijacked my printer... DIE!!!

guy1656 guy1656 at ados.com
Thu Apr 11 00:37:18 UTC 2002

# ...  But now all my
# printer will do is run pages through itself, nonstop, printing
# strange characters (hearts, solid arrows, greek symbols,
# house-like figures, numbers, circles with odd shapes inside,
# etc.)
#
#
# . . . .or is it time to buy a real printer?

After several visits from my good and patient Linux-wizard friend, my 'final
solution,' given the value of my time (as wasted in fixing and re-fixing and
rebooting and trying again and restoring and re-checking) was to spend $67 on
a new printer. Go to your list of supported printer drivers and use that as a
shopping criterion. (Let the clerk know that Linux is part of your selection
process.)

Then watch 'Office Space' for a feel-good suggestion on how to dispose of
your disobedient printer. If you have a maul, an anvil, and/or a friend with
Class III toys, things can get downright therapeutic.

GLL