[PLUG] Pong

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Apr 12 00:21:36 UTC 2002

On 11 Apr 2002, Russell Senior wrote:

> Dave> Quoting Richard Steffens <rsteff at attbi.com>:

> >> Those were the days when man slipped the bonds of earth's gravity
> >> and went to the moon. Also the era when COBOL was born. The fruit
> >> drinks didn't last, and man stopped going to the moon, but people
> >> still use COBOL. I'm not sure what that says about the state of
> >> humanity.
>
> plug-talk!  plug-talk!  plug-talk!

So now we know Russell's favorite programing language. And we can
expect Karl to shortly post an email stating why Scheme is a better
choice.

What I want to know is which text editor would run best if written
in COBOL: vi, emacs, ed or pico?

(You know, if I truly hated humanity, I'd write a version of edlin in
Intercal. And use the comments from a program like sendmail. Translated
into Old Irish.)

Geoff