[PLUG] Epson C80: Gimp only prints B&W

Eric Jahn ejahn at worksystems.org
Sun Apr 14 18:22:47 UTC 2002

I have an Epson C80 printing great from Mozilla with CUPS 4.2 (color and
all).  Gimp also had it's gimp-cups plugin correctly installed and used
printed well with color about a month ago, with the same unaltered
computer system.  When I went back in to print an image from Gimp today,
it only printed color photographs in B&W.  The printer likes to replace
my printer driver manually selected in Gimp's "File-Print-Printer
Settings" screen with "Postscript Level 1" which just prints out text
garbage.  If I select any of the other epson printers listed (the C80 is
new and isn't there), it prints fine, but only in B&W.  Which printer is
closest to the Epson C80?  My print command in the line below the
printer model selection is "lp -s -dEpsonC80 -oraw".  Thanks for any
help you may be able to give.