[PLUG] ssh woes

Longman, Bill longman at sharplabs.com
Mon Apr 15 22:45:00 UTC 2002

> OK, I'm further confused!
>
> I installed ssh on my rh52 installation, and was able to ssh into my
> other systems on my home net, and into my ISP shell account. Now that
> I've got my rh72 install working, which has ssh as part of it's
> install package, I can't seem to ssh into anywhere. What is different
> in this version? The systems on my home net have always been rh72.

Are you sure it's not a protocol problem? It's not clear to me exactly what
has transpired, but my hunch is that your install now uses protocol 2
instead of protocol 1. You may have to generate RSA keys. Again, I'm not
clear on what happened with your rh52 > rh72 migration, so I'm just trying
to suggest some things.

What were the keys, if any, you used with rh52? Were you just using password
authentication or did you copy the keys?

--
WEL