[PLUG] kde/system locking up

Abraham Zwygart ziggy at anodizing.com
Thu Apr 18 15:38:56 UTC 2002

Hi again,
I have a 350 amd with 128 meg of memory using RedHat 7.2.
Have written earlier about kde 3.0 locking the system.  Thought I had it resolved
when I re-did the kde 3.0 install.  It's locking up again.  It locks up when I
boot-up
with the printer turned on.  Also noticed that there was a error on boot-up about
irq 5?  Goes by to fast to read.  Questions:
1.  How do I list the bootup messages?  Are they in a log file?
2.  Is there a way to list all of the irq # and what they are assigned to?
3.  The last thing changed was installing a new network card to get on the cable
     modem.  In windows it says that the irq for the nic is #5.  I thought irq #5 was

     reserved for the printer?  I am thinking that because the nic was the last to be

     installed that I will need to changed it's irq setting.  How?
    Nic   NEC 3000   pci   pnp
Thanks for your help
Abraham Z.
--