[PLUG] [jared.king at JobPenguin.com: Open Source Job Board]

D. Cooper Stevenson cooper at linux-enterprise.net
Wed Apr 17 16:57:00 UTC 2002

All;

I just recieved this this morning:

----- Forwarded message from jared.king at JobPenguin.com -----

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:41:21 -0400
To: cooper at linux-enterprise.net
Subject: Open Source Job Board
From: jared.king at JobPenguin.com
Reply: jared.king at JobPenguin.com

Hi Cooper,

I'm contacting you to raise your awareness of a new job resource specifically targeted to open source professionals such as yourself and the members of your LUG. We've recently launched JobPenguin (http://www.JobPenguin.com), developed by open source professionals who believe in the industry and want to give it the support it needs and deserves. Our President is an experienced PHP programmer, and our CTO is the author of the book "Slackware Linux for Dummies".

We are currently marketing the site to over 250 companies who are specifically targeting open source skills such as Linux system administration, PHP, C++, Python, Perl, and Java. We are also marketing to the broader business market, targeting companies who may only have one division or location that needs open source professionals. We are trying to get the word out there just like the rest of the community that open source is the way to go.

We invite you and your members to visit JobPenguin and register. Post your résumé. Make it public or keep it private. Be anonymous if you wish. Set up a job retriever that will e-mail you with new job postings that match your criteria.

If you have any feedback on the site PLEASE send it to me. All opinions and ideas are appreciated.

Also, if you would like me to send a message to the LUG through a mailing list that you maintain please advise.

Thanks,
Jared

JobPenguin
"When it's time to get a job... It's time to see the penguin."
http://www.JobPenguin.com

----- End forwarded message -----

Cooper Stevenson        |cooper.stevenson at wahchang.com
UNIX Administrator      |PH: (541)791-1322
Telledyne Wah Chang     |FAX: (541)924-6895